Re: [udd] tracking cloned bug relationships

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 01:04:18PM +1300, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> Well, that information is not available in the bugs metadata (.summary
> file). So we would have to parse the full bug log. Which is not
> necessarily something I was planning to do, but if you submit a patch,
> why not. However, I don't know where we want to go there: do we want to
> import the full bug logs into UDD?

I've no idea whether it is feasible in term of resources or not, do you
have any idea of how much will it take? Also, would it be possible to do
that preserving the current approach of reimporting from scratch
everything at each pulse?

*If* is is feasible to do the bug log import, I've an interesting hack
to test though, which is to extract the actual patches recognizing them
heuristically either among attachments or as inlined diff. Once we have
that, it would be quite useful to have a devscripts or the like that
downloads patches from bug numbers.

Cheers.