Re: Gathering package upstream meta-data in the UDD. (was: Re: more formally indicating the registration URL)

Le Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 05:52:09PM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 11:12:43PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > Le Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 04:01:57PM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> >
> > I have not found a nice simple UNIX tool to convert this to a muliti-column
> > table suitable for the first SQL example. Nevertheless, it can be doe easily
> > with R (see http://upstream-metadata.debian.net/scripts/umeta-reshape.r).
>
> Well, there is no need to provide the data as multicolumn.  I would
> prefer a simple JSON export.  The UDD gatherer is quite flexible and can
> read all kinds of key=value relations, but JSON is a reasonable format.

Hi Andreas,

no problem for exporting in JSON, YAML (same as JSON without all those quotes
and braces), or even XML or SQL pseudo-dumps.

If there is important documentation to read, please let me know. Otherwise, I
will dig the sources of the UDD.

Writing about sources, everything I wrote for this small project is of course
free software, released under the BOLA licence 1.1: http://blitiri.com.ar/p/bola/

It is in a git repository that I wish to share, but I am too clumsy to make the
cloning work out of the box:

  aqwa『tmp』$ git clone http://upstream-metadata.debian.net/.git
  Initialized empty Git repository in /tmp/upstream-metadata.debian.net/.git/
  warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout.

I will move the source to git.debian.org after adding BOLA boilerplates.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,