Re: Debconf QA BOF summary / handling of orphaned packages

Hi Lucas!

You wrote:

> The audience clearly want orphaned packages to be removed. I'm not quite
> sure it's reasonable to do that. However, clearly, there's no opposition
> to this idea. When snapshots.debian.org will be fully fonctional, a web
> interface will allow users to fetch and install removed packages.

Correction; the was (apparently) no opposition to this
_from_the_people_present_.  I have in the past strongly opposed this,
and I still do.  IMO, there is no compelling reason to remove packages
that work fine, have no (RC) bugs, and is actually being used (as shown
by popcon.

So, please do not remove packages simply because they are orphaned.

Kind regards,
Bas.