Re: [UDD] debversion type does not work with MAX aggregate function

On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 08:42:25PM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> Is it possible that the GROUP BY is making the max() function
> operate on the versions within each group (which will be
> identical due to being grouped), therefore returning
> multiple group results?

Yes, I think I was somehow tricked by a missconception I had
in mind.

> In this query I think the GROUP BY
> (and the ORDER BY) are superfluous.  If you remove them, do you
> then see a different (single) result?

The ORDER BY is defintely superflous - I just used it for
the mail.  The GROUP BY is the problem - if you use it,
you get several rows (featuring the different versions)
and MAX does not work on this result.  If you levae GROUP
BY out everything is fine.  My intend was to find out
the maximum version of a description translation for
each language - but this probably does not work this
way and I just need a TEMPORARY TABLE where I can afterwards
obtain the maximum value.

Sorry for the noise

      Andreas.

--