Re: piuparts PTS integration

Hi,

On Dienstag, 17. März 2009, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> Actually, the PTS side should be already working since about one
> year. I implemented it after we discussed the API.

Heh, cool! :-)

> (so yes, *source* packages here).

Ok.

> Then, for each matching packages which reports a failure an "issue"
> (central area, just above the news feed) will be added with the
> following text (bare with me with XSLT tags):
>
>   <xsl:text>A </xsl:text> <a
> href="http://piuparts.debian.org/source/{$package}/latest";>recent run</a>
> <xsl:text> of </xsl:text>
> error on this package. You should fix it.</xsl:text>

Hm. That will need some changes. There are no logfiles for source packages.
Hm. I could probably create them as meta-pages linking to the real
logfile(s). But then "latest" should be replaced with "$version".

Also, there are three tests being done: "installation and removal in
sid", "installation and removal in squeeze", "installation in lenny, then
upgrade and removal in sqeeze". Not sure how to put that into the PTS..

> I don't understand all the fuss about adding it in the PTS: it is
> completely orthogonal to reporting the corresponding RC bug. Then, we
> can decide how "strong" can be the way the PTS show the info.
>
> If there are really a lot of potential false positive, I concur that
> the current way is too strong. Then we can just show the link, as we
> show lintian links: if there is some failure the link will be there,
> otherwise it will not be.

Agreed.

regards,
	Holger