Re: QA debtags tags

Hello,

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debtags-devel/2007-September/001703.html

> What came out so far is this script, based on UDD:
> http://git.debian.org/?p=debtags/autodebtag.git;a=blob;f=maint_tags
>
> An example of what it generates can be found at:
> http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/tags/maint.gz

Nice :)

> While I was writing this, I was thinking: would it make sense to call
> these tags qa::* instead of maint::*, and officially state that they are
> the tags maintained by Debian QA?

I don't expect anyone to object :)

> Of course, I'd be happy to discuss ideas for new tags and for ways to
> assign them to packages.  The maint_tags script has a bit of
> brainstorming in the comments at the end of the file.

Once UDD gathers some information from DEHS it should be possible to
generate tags like qa::new-upstream-version (with a proper/better name of
course) for packages with a new upstream version that has been available
for a while (6 months? less? more?).
An example is curl, from[1]: Last time found up to date: 2008-08-27 04:51:08

@lucas: so, what information Andreas Tille wanted from DEHS in UDD? what do
you think about importing the data directly from pgsql? or do you really
prefer a text file?

[1]http://dehs.alioth.debian.org/report.php?package=curl

Raphael Geissert - Debian Maintainer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net