Re: How long does debtag information need to propagate to UDD

Hi again!

On Tue, 2009-12-22 at 09:32:15 +0100, Guillem Jover wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-12-21 at 00:48:27 +0000, Enrico Zini wrote:
> > However, I'm having an issue with uploading. I used to generate the
> > package to upload with this command:
> >
> >   dpkg-genchanges -B -DVersion="200912210033" -DArchitecture=all \
> >                      -DDescription="`echo; echo ' tag-overrides - Override file with Tag headers'`" -ffilelist -u.
> >
> > Which has worked literally for years, but today fails with:
> >
> >   dpkg-genchanges: unknown option `-DDescription= tag-overrides - Override file with
> >                               Tag headers'
> >
> > And even the manpage and the command line help say it should work.
>
> Yes, it should, this is a regression introduced in commit d570dcf5, I'm
> finishing testing and will upload a new dpkg version today.

Ok, Enrico, just uploaded 1.15.5.5, which should fix this. You could
build it locally if the buildds have not yet picked it up if you need
it urgently to upload the debtags stuff.

Take into account though that the handling for multiline fields
parsing has slightly changed and now the second and subsequent lines
get the leading spaces preserved, and they also get properly dot
escaped if need be. So you don't need the leading space in the
Description field.

regards,
guillem