Re: Time for a new maintainer for Auctex?

Cyril Brulebois wrote:

>[1  <text/plain; us-ascii (7bit)>]
>David Bremner <bremner@unb.ca> (13/08/2009):
>> I guess two of the NMUs are internationalization issues, so I don't
>> really how indicative they are of lack of maintanence.  On the other
>> hand, the package has 22 lintian warnings, and sits at policy 3.7.2,
>> which makes it likely to have some RC bugs.

>Don't talk about possible RC bugs. Open them.

OK, maybe I phrased that badly; it does sound a bit like FUD. There
are no RC bugs that I could find in a quick look at
upgrading-checklist.txt, and the package builds cleanly in a current
sid pbuilder.

In the spirit of accurate reporting, 13 of the 22 lintian warnings are
about the format of the 21 line NEWS.Debian file.

I don't think that any of this changes my major point, which is that
the package at least seems abandoned by its maintainer(s). I would be
quite happy to be corrected on this point.

All the best

David