Re: UDD data -> MySQL - Was: Re: Archiving UDD data : FLOSSMole ?

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 11:22:10PM +0200, Olivier Berger wrote:
> I think it depends the kind of analysis people might want to do for
> their research in mining the Debian metadata that would be archived in
> FLOSSMole, maybe these package versions wouldn't be needed, so strings
> without the full arithmetics of versions would be enough ?
>
> In any case, the first idea is to archive data so that it's there for
> history, I suppose, then the users will complain eventually, and we
> shall see ;)

Exactly. I see no problem in archiving it to MySQL, injecting versions
as string. That would just mean that you can't run the exactly same
query you run now, but you can still re-inject historical versions
elsewhere and/or use some MySQL extensions to obtain the same effect.

Cheers.