Re: Debian Science taking over cimg-dev?

Am Freitag, den 29.05.2009, 23:32 +0200 schrieb Andreas Tille:

> I realised that cimg-dev package was not updated since
> nearly two days.  Two bugs requesting an update to
> more recent upstream version (#399846, #497672) one
> of them is even blocking an other package were ignored.

The 4 bugs of cimg-dev can be easily fixed and I already have the fixed
package locally, but did not yet commit. The build hangs in some point
(i386) and I did not yet have the time to figure out why.

If it really hurts you that much, I can commit it today or tomorrow, so
you can test it.

> I would volunteer to upgrade to new upstream version,
> but I would not really like to join just another team.
> Is there any problem in moving this package to
> Debian Science team where I'm lurking anyway?

What about starting in the usual way doing an NMU? I can't speak for the
pkg-scicomp team, but a hijack in this situation IMHO isn't polite.

Regards, Daniel