Re: Group up orphaned packages in order to find adopter faster

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 20:50, gregor herrmann <gregoa@debian.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 00:44:50 +0100, Sandro Tosi wrote:
>
>> Following up the previous discusison (and ignoring all the negative
>> comments :P ) I played with mako and create an html report [1] from
>> the script above. It's really rough, I know, but at least present the
>> result in an easier way to be "published".
>
> Thanks for your work!
>
> I just had a quick look at the page and noticed that it doesn't have
> only O: bugs but also ITA: bugs (example: #465881 / html-munger /
> tagged pending). I'm not sure if this is on purpose but I'd rather
> have either only O:'d packages (or the status in a separate column on
> the page).

Oh well, at last I have some time/will to fix this: try now at [1] and
tell me if it's better or not :)

[1] http://people.debian.org/~morph/qa_packages_analyze.html

>> I like gregoa's idea of email, but it might come to a situation where
>> I keep sending email to a list/group of people has no interest in
>> adopting the packages I propose to them, and in this case, 1 email is
>> just enough and more will become really boring.
>
> Ack, that needs some consideration, and maybe some kind of
> subscription mechanism.
>
> Hm, an RSS feed might also be nice; in general I prefer every push
> mechanism (mail, feed) over a pull mechanism (I have to go to a web
> page) because I tend to forget the latter.

Well, maybe one day I can add that too, while doing all other code
changes to make something publishable as an official page (or, who
knows, a UDD report maybe ;) ).