Re: UDD and DEHS (Was: Please provide a simple example)

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 12:04:55PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
>>    http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.822
>
> Looks good.  Any hint how to reasonably obtain
>
>    description       of binaries
>    long_description  of binaries
>    homepage
>    license            (perhaps)

Regarding (short) description I have this file generated daily using
UDD available for download:
http://master.debian.org/~zack/pts/shortdesc.txt . It is used by the
PTS, so it is relatively controlled and safe to use.

... but of course you can use UDD in the first place, as data comes
from it. The script generating is at
http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/*checkout*/qa/trunk/pts/www/bin/retrieve_shortdesc.sh?content-type=text%2Fplain

AFAIK, we don't have any long description in UDD yet.

You can get the homepage using the SOAP interface of the PTS, but is
not suitable for massive retrieval yet (see #507454), and possibly
will never be. If you want I can export that somewhere too.

For license you have no chance until the machine parseable copyright
format get more widespread.

>    Format-Specification: http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat
> is used.

Indeed.