Re: Package removals and PROP_RM

Hi,

Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> Barry de Freese:
>> I've been working on removals and QA uploads and such but I feel like
>> I'm working in a bit of a vacuum.  Do we have any establish guidelines
>> for removing a package vs PROP_RM?

> The QA group doesn't have any established, official authority to request
> removal of packages[*]. When we request the removal of a package, we are
> allowed to do so because ftpmasters, and the project as a whole, think
> that we generally do the right thing.

Well, it may not be official authority, but de-facto RM: for orphaned
packages is well in the realm and it is just as well to file RM: instead
of O: if the QA worker decides that the package is obsolete. The PROP_RM
is a good process to give people a chance to object, but that is only
for when there is someone to object.

That said, I don't have to say much about the guidelines: If anyone else
had put forward the question, I'd have said "go ask Barry", because I
think that your RM bugs come with the required research properly done.
So if you, Barry, want to put up a wiki page about how you currently do
it, that would make good guidelines for whoever you recruit to help you.

Kind regards

T.
--
Thomas Viehmann, http://thomas.viehmann.net/