Re: New to QA

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 01:14:00PM -0600, Zach JL wrote:
> I would like to contribute to debian in some way, but not sure where to
> start.  Where can I find a list of things needing done, bugs need fixed and
> work that I, as a non-programmer, can do to help the debian project?  Do I
> need to register somewhere?  Thank you.

Hi Zach,
  sorry for the delay, actually no, you don't need to register anywhere,
we use to say that in Debian "everybody is QA" and it happens to be
true. The main coordination places are this list and the #debian-qa
channel on irc.debian.org. For some tasks it does help to be a DD (which
I don't know if it is your case or not), but there are *a lot* of other
things that can be done, and which are really helpful, that do not even
require that.

The starting point I suggest you is
http://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org/ , which has a nice introduction
about Debian QA, and also a list of things that need to be worked on.

Welcome on board!

--
Stefano Zacchiroli -*- PhD in Computer Science \ PostDoc @ Univ. Paris 7
I'm still an SGML person,this newfangled /\ All one has to do is hit the