Re: Maintainer of xosd and perlipq MIA?

Hi Sven,

thanks for looking into QA and fixing RC bugs!

Sven Hoexter wrote:
> I've submitted a patch for #495246 (xosd) and #494224 (perlipq)
> and it really looks like both package maintainers are MIA.
>
> For xosd that's pmhahn@debian.org with the last maintainer upload
> in 2004 followed by 5 NMUs in the last years. According to qa.d.o
> it's still not set to O.
So I mainly looked at this one, it looks like it could use fixing and
possibly orphaning.
That said, your proposed NMU is quite involved for an NMU during freeze.
You might want to check your changelog paragraph with the release team
and have them say yes or no to whether they want each item fixed during
the freeze. If you do that, and you don't hear from the maintainer in
the next week, I'll sponsor your NMU (assuming that it survives my
attempts at testing it). Note, though, that your proposed NMU is quite
extensive in scope, possibly even stretching the instructions in the
developer's reference.
As for the orphaning, I would recommend getting the experts for the
BaPaSe involved (randomly CCing Barry, hi!).

Similar comments probably apply for the other package.

Kind regards

T.
--
Thomas Viehmann, http://thomas.viehmann.net/