Re: Doing some stable QA work

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 01:41:26AM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I had the idea to go through the list of RC bugs currently
> believed by the BTS to affect stable and do some cleanup
> work:
>
>  * Fix version information
>  * Mark by etch-ignore bus that are not affected in stable
>    for reason independent from their version (e.g. GCC 4.3
>    FTBFS)
>  * Compile a list for the maintainers and the SRM for packages
>    that could need a stable upload.
>
> Feel free to contact me if you would like to help or if you
> spot any problems with my work.

I have been tagging them with lenny + sid before.  I've also tagged
those that _do_ effect stable with the debian-qa@lists.debian.org user
and etch tag.

I have a hacked up script that lists the bugs that are RC in stable and
are not tagged etch.  But I would like to rewrite that to use the SOAP
interface.  I think some things weren't supported at that time.

Kurt