Some example queries for the USS

Hello Christian,

sorry for not making a proper reply in the thread, but I'm replying in a
hurry and I had no time to dig for the list archive in mbox format (I
wish the web archives had that).

Here are some possible queries:
 - orphaned packages in lenny sorted by popcon
 - orphaned packages in sid sorted by popcon
 - orphaned packages in lenny / sid sorted by age of last upload
 - ask the mancoosi project (for example Zack) to give you the "SAT
   temperatures" of packages in lenny and sid, then store it and provide
   package views sorted by "temperature":
   or "delicateness" index:
 - graph the popularity of a package and the number of bugs ever
   reported to it, to see if there is a correlation.  It would be
   interesting to also derive from these 2 information a category (that
   I could use in debtags) that says whether a package is a fringe
   package

Another thing to try is to generate something like this: maybe you can
do it in a way that is more efficient than mine:
   http://www.enricozini.org/2008/tips/hmpffh.html

I then make a further processing of the HMPFFH, that is, I create a
filtered version that has all versions in lenny, then the sid version of
a package that is in sid but not lenny, then the experimental version of
a package that is in experimental but not in sid and lenny.  I use that
as the package database for the web tagger.  The rationale is that etch
is released so we don't touch it; lenny is what we're tagging, so we
refer to it mainly; we pull in packages from sid and experimental so
that they can be tagged before they reach lenny.
So, another thing to try is to create something like the HMPFFH but only
with this package/version selection.

Ciao,

Enrico