Re: new test on archive packages: cron files

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 07:02:46PM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
> Filippo Giunchedi wrote:
> > Hi,
> > just annoyed by repeated cron files output from removed packages I implemented a
> > new test for packages: no output from cron files of removed packages.
> >
> > The interesting bit is here:
> > http://qa.debian.org/~filippo/crontest/20070801-crontest.log
> >
> > the log format resembles Lucas logs so it would be easy to check (provided I got
> > the format right).
> >
> > The script is meant to be ran from root (possibly) inside of a chroot. I would
> > like to commit this into collab-qa and run on a regular basis.
> >
> > Another idea would be to turn this into a piuparts test: whether a package
> > installs cron files test them with the package removed.
>
> Did this happen in the mean time?

piuparts implements a check on {weekly, daily, monthly} cron files, though not
on /etc/cron.d/ last time I checked (I am checking again, will eventually open a
bug)

Though I from time to time run crontest from collab-qa and such bugs are tagged
cron-qa:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=cron-qa;users=debian-qa@lists.debian.org

most of the bugs got no response at all from maintainer and are almost a year
old, is it a NMU in order?

filippo
--
Filippo Giunchedi - http://esaurito.net
PGP key: 0x6B79D401

Man was made at the end of the week's work when God was tired.
-- Mark Twain