Re: Reworking the http://qa.debian.org/ website

On 26/04/08 at 12:28 -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 11:53:22PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> > On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 11:43 PM, Roberto C. Sánchez
> > <roberto@connexer.com> wrote:
> >
> > >  The gain is not worth the poorer appearance to me.
> >
> > Perhaps a different colour would be better? Something like this maybe:
> >
> > http://buildd.debian.org/~jeroen/status/package.php?p=mancala
> >
> > If not, no big deal, I'll add it to my userContent.css
> >

> What about creating an alternate, "compact", stylesheet?  Perhaps one
> with a smaller default font and the collapsed table borders?  Something
> like that.  Anyhow, I have become accustomed to the "old" apppearance.
> However, not really being a member of the QA team, it is really up to
> you what you want to do.

The problem with such style changes is that when people are used to
something, the new style always look ugly. I even considered the new PTS
layout ugly in the beginning.

For this change, I think that collapsed borders look better. So since
it's currently 2 (Paul and me) vs 1 (you), I'm leaving it like that for
now. Patches that improve the layout are always welcomed :-)