Re: Reworking the http://qa.debian.org/ website

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 08:33:55PM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> On 26/04/08 at 11:43 -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:

> > > Done
> >
> > Lucas and Paul,
> >
> > Please don't be offended, but this looks terrible.  Please revert the
> > change :-/
> >
> > Even on my 1280x1024 monitor, the gain that I see is that instead of the
> > right-hand side of my QA page cutting off just after "Te" under
> > "Debcheck", it now cuts off just after "Un" under "Debcheck."
> >
> > The gain is not worth the poorer appearance to me.
>
> Mmmh, I don't understand what you mean, it looks OK here. Can you make a
> screenshot?

I guess "cut off" is the wrong phrase.  I was driving at the fact that
collapsed table borders look worse (IMHO) but do not really result much
additional content fitting on the page.  Maybe 40 pixels-worth or so.
In my case, just enough to allow one more narrow column.

Regards,

-Roberto
--
Roberto C. Sánchez