Re: RFH: handling bugs from removed packages

* Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> [2008-04-13 22:51]:
> >From svn.d.o/collab-qa/bapase/rm_pkgs/README:
> Bugs filed against packages removed from testing and unstable must be closed,

Thanks a lot for working on this!

> http://qa.debian.org/~lucas/bapase/bugs_rm_pkgs.txt (updated every 6 hours).
> This script lists bugs that:
>  - are not marked as done
>  - don't affect testing, unstable or experimental
>  - don't  belong to a package in testing, unstable or experimental
> This is only a list of good candidates. Many of those bugs shouldn't be closed!

Yep, in particular, this will also include bugs that were filed
against an unknown package (for example because of a typo in the
package name).  I still take care of these bugs as they come in, but I
always miss some so it would be good if I could easily see bugs that
are not open bugs from removed packages. (In the past, I would close
or reassign all bugs from removed packages, and then load the BTS page
for bugs without a maintainer and reassign/close those until the page
is empty.  But with the current backlog of open bugs from removed
packages, this BTS page is way too long to be usable.)

Do you think you could add one optional step to bugs_rm_pkgs.rb:
exclude all bugs from packages that are listed in the removals.txt
file.  You could generate a file bugs_unknown_pkgs.txt and then I
could go through them.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/