Re: RFH: piuparts testing of the archive

Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

> What needs to be done is:
> - run installation/removal/purge tests for all packages
> - run upgrade tests for all packages in etch
> - make changes to piuparts to fix false positives or reduce the number
>   of failures by ignoring the less critical ones
> - file all the bugs (many of those are RC)

On log processing, what about doing a dependency-based log processing?
so if package bar depends on foo, and foo fails to upgrade (or doesn't pass
all the piuparts tests) it is very likely that bar will fail too, at least,
because of foo.

I think there was some tool around to build a dependency tree out of a
Packages, so the main part of the log processing tool is already done.

Cheers,
Raphael