Re: RFS: QA Upload: libpalm-perl - Perl 5 modules for manipulating pdb and prc database files

-=| Frank Lichtenheld, Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 09:58:50PM +0100 |=-
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 10:17:31AM -0500, Barry deFreese wrote:
> > Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> > >The whole OPTIMIZE stuff seems unneccessary, since this is an Arch: all
> > >package.
> > I thought so too but it's on the policy page.  Should I go ahead and
> > remove it anyway?

Which policy is that? It needs a bug report if it requires OPTIMIZE for
arch:all packages.

> The policy example doesn't handle noopt correctly and you corrected
> that. So you too seem to think that the policy is not everything ;)
>
> Creating completly unused code just for the sake of it is never a good
> idea in my book. I would still advide to remove it.
>
> Does anyone on debian-perl disagree?

I routinely remove unneeded OPTIMIZE setting.

I can't tell I am stripping *all* of the redundant bits of the
packaging, but since OPTIMIZE is so clearly unneeded and so easy to
spot, it is an easy target.