Re: mercury: should this package be removed?

Hi folks,

Sorry for all of the CCs but all of you have expressed interest in fixing/adopting this package (with the exception of QA).

Do any of you still have an interest and/or a plan to fix this package? According to the Mecury website, it is supposed to build with gcc-4.1 which would be a hell of a lot better than gcc-3.x.

Is that not the case? This thing has been orphaned a while and has an RC bug over a year old. If no-one wants to fix it up, I will request removal within the week.

If I can help with packaging or fixing this thing, please feel free to contact me and will gladly help if I can. Otherwise it's a goner. :-)

Thank you!

Barry deFreese