Re: FREE LINUX CDS-DVDS?

On Friday 15 February 2008 09:51:33 am Ernesto Mora wrote:
> Hello, I'm very interested in using the Debian Linux operating system but
> it's very difficult to me download the iso image cause my internet access
> is very limited by now, and the local connections are too slow, so I
> wonder if do you offer a free media program where a person could request
> a free media cd or dvd? If you offer this, and if it's possible, can you
> send me a free copy? If it's possible my address is below, if not, please
> forward my email to a person or company that provide this type of help.
> My address is: Ernesto Moraconj.res.san carlos,edif.04,apto.404,pb,la
> esmeraldaMaracay,2103,Aragua,Venezuela  Thank you very much.
> _________________________________________________________________ Express
> yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE!

It's not free, but http://www.on-disk.com can provide you Debian
installation disks, and there is also a vendor listed under Venezuela on
the "Get Debian" page [1].

As for free ones, I don't know of any free _debian_ vendors, but there *is*
a free _ubuntu_ vendor (and kubuntu, I think). Ubuntu is based on (and is
very similar to) debian, and this may be of interest to you.

[1] http://www.us.debian.org/CD/vendors/#ve

--
Sincerely,
Jack Mudge