Re: remove xview?

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 12:31:06PM +0000, tim hall wrote:
> Luk Claes wrote:
>> Removing old packages just because they are not maintained, have
>> (unknown) security issues and are almost not used is just making sure
>> that people don't install a package that is obsolete. People that are
>> using the package can continue using it or can decide to start using an
>> alternative...

> How many popcon users does it take ... ?

> This change would affect @ 80 popcon users. I don't know how many real
> users that translates to. I realise there are many other factors to this
> decision, but generally speaking what do most people consider the
> shelve-off point that would suggest a package is no longer worth
> maintaining?

IMHO, 80 popcon users is a bit on the high side for removing a package as
obsolete.  I've pointed out the reasons why we should consider removing the
package, but am not sure whether I personally think those reasons outweigh
a userbase of that size - usually the installed userbase of non-lib packages
that get nominated for removal is much smaller. :)