Re: How are packages associated with resigned debian developers handled?

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

How are packages
maintained by developers that resign handled, and how should they be
handled.  Personally, I believe those packages should be orphaned
right away, to make it easier for others to take over.

Surely that is the correct action?

As it is now,
one need to ask a resigned developer if it is OK to take over the
package, and the response time might be slow.  I believe there is a
hole in the official Debian procedures for handling resigned
developers that do not put up all their packages for adoption, and
suggest we come up with a procedure to handle it.

CC to Matthew, to make him aware that I raise my concert on debian-qa.

Given Matthew's reasons for resigning, I think it would be respectful to spare him the emails and get on with putting the packages up for adoption.

cheers,

tim