Re: Trying to fix some packages maintained by QA team

Thanks for the answer :)

On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 21:51 +0100, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> well, send a normal RFS (I used to put debian-qa@lists.debian.org in
> CC, jsut in case) to debian-mentors;  personally, I tend to give
> higher prority to QA uploads and for updated packages (instead of
> completely new packages) so I may upload them :)
Good idea, I'll proceed like this for future request. Thanks for the
advise :)

> > Maybe QA upload are only for fixing serious bugs ?
>
> Of course not! anyhow, just a watch file fix does not warrant an
> upload: you can try to get the packages in a good shape, updating to
> the current standards, fixing some bug, fixing lintian errors/warnings
> or so.
Of course, fixing the watch file is also a good opportunity to fix some
of those problems in the same time.

> They are much very welcome, and I encourage to work on them: you can
> learn *a lot* from these kind of uploads. There are so many oprhaned
> packages that need love :) A warning: before working on a qa upload,
> check if the package can be removed instead (because it's very
> outdated, has better replacement, and so on).
I'll try, but it's not easy to determine if a package should be removed
or not, especially for the "better replacement" case. Is there some
criteria somewhere for removals ?

> Cheers,

Regards,
Julien Lavergne