Re: Group up orphaned packages in order to find adopter faster

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 09:50:28AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Oct 2008, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
>> Enrico Zini have ad for a while some code which find package
>> similarities, in fact I believe it is the one used on
>> packages.debian.org to show "similar packages".
> Hmmmm, what means "similar packages"?  I really can not imagine
> some code that detects "similarities".

You bet.  You can do it by looking for packages with similar tags, or
clustering them according to similarity in the description.  Or both.

I do it, for example, to suggest tags in
http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/edit.html

Also, if you go to http://debtags.debian.net/search/ and type a package name,
you should see similar packages showing up (it'll also offer popup completion
of package names for you).

I'm however a bit in a hurry now, and didn't quite understand what is the
problem that you're trying to solve.

Ciao,

Enrico