Re: Group up orphaned packages in order to find adopter faster

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 18:04:06 +0100, Sandro Tosi wrote:

> - trying to partition this list in different subset, to facilitate the
> adoption by people/team intested in a specific category of packages
> An example of its output is in attach, run minutes before sending this
> email, just to give you an idea of waht the script does.

Looks like a nice idea to me.

> This is the result of the happy interaction I had once with perl-group
> (in particular gregoa) in adopting orphaned perl modules.

/me blushes :)

> So, do you think it's something worth keeping at QA group level? maybe
> preparing a webpage or so?

I think a regular mail to interested lists would be better than a web
page (push vs. pull, a.k.a. forgetting to look at web pages).

I can imagine that at least the pkg-perl group would be interested in
a e.g. monthly mail with "you might be interested in the following
orphaned packages ...".

Cheers,
gregor
--