Re: RFH: piuparts tests for lenny

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 02:54:00PM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

> During Debcamp/Debconf, I wanted to work on testing the archive with
> piuparts, in preparation for the lenny release. This was done prior to
> the etch release, and allowed to find a lot of RC bugs.  Unfortunately,
> I didn't have enough time to finish this work, and I won't have time to
> work on that before the lenny release. The goal of this mail is to
> describe the current status, so someone else can pick up this task.

Sorry, I haven't any spare time that I can offer up for helping with this,
but I wanted to comment on one thing from your mail:

> For etch, the following failures were considered RC, and it probably
> makes sense to keep the same criteria for lenny:
> piuparts failures:
[...]
> - not caused by the missing installation of packages that almost
>   everybody has installed anyway (ucf, debconf, adduser come to mind).
>   (so run piuparts with a custom --debfoster-options string)

Are there really so many of these that they should not be considered RC as
well?  My memory from etch is that these were given etch-ignore tags, i.e.,
were ignored on a transitional basis; it would be a shame if we have so many
more packages failing to depend on ucf/debconf/adduser now that we have to
treat them as non-RC yet again.