Autocomplete web field for maintainers

Hello,

I've recently been playing with ajaxy autocompletion of text fields in
web forms, and I'm implementing some nice things in a prototype new
version of the debtags tagger.

At http://debtags.debian.net/edit/todo/ if you choose "Maintainer view"
you can type the name of the maintainer.  If you type a few characters
and wait a little moment, the spinner starts spinning and you'll see a
list of maintainers that you can choose.

I wanted to share the idea: tt could be something nice to use in the
various DDPO web forms.

I'm using the turbogears autocomplete field widget, but there is a lot
of autocompletion javascript code on the web that can be used to create
something reusable for the various Debian web forms.  On the server
side, you just need a very simple CGI.

Ciao,

Enrico