adopting maxima

The maxima package has an unacknowledged RC bug from early April, and
an unacknowledged NMU from January.

I have some (ever slimmer) hope of better version of maxima in Lenny,
and I would be willing to adopt the package to make that happen.  I
would be happy to turn the package back over to Camm if and when he
expresses interest.

I have almost certainly not waited long enough for Camm to respond to my offer
of adoption, but on the other hand, I get the feeling based on looking
at BTS that he is not able to respond to email these days.

If "instant adoption" causes more prolems than it solves, I can always
make a backport later.

All the best,

David