Re: goal-recommends: new findings in unstable

Amaya wrote:
> I looked at every package listed in:
> http://qa.debian.org/debcheck.php?dist=sid&list=main%2donly%2drelationship%2dRecommends&arch=EVERY
>
> And I came up with a summary of what packages in main recommed stuff not
> currently in main. I would welcome help in filing the bugs, and finding
> appropriate replacements for the non-exixting recommends. I have come up
> with suggestions, but I have marked with "?" the ones I am not sure
> about, and NULL the ones that I think should just be removed.
> Also I am a bit lost as wether arch-any packages can have arch specific
> recommends, so a bit of explaining there would be great. I have not considered
> this when elaborating this summary. Again, any help is appreciated with this.

I would not include the architecture specific issues as these might be
temporary (missing builds, not yet supported on all arches...) and
tracking these could cause lots of pain with little gain :-)

Finding replacements is not necessary IMHO, it's more important to file
the bugs. Though if one does know possible replacements it's of course a
good idea to mention them...

> I will post about findings in testing tomorrow.

Note that the ones in testing consist of ones fixed in unstable and ones
that are also an issue in unstable... For the former category one should
look at the testing migration issues and the latter should be mentioned
below...

Cheers

Luk