Re: List of packages which should probably be Architecture: all

On Wednesday 02 January 2008 22:18, Michael Biebl wrote:
> Raphael Geissert schrieb:

> > Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org>
> >    tracker-dbg
>
> Currently tracker-dbg holds the debugging symbols for the binary
> packages: tracker, tracker-search-tool, libtrackerclient0 and
> libtracker-gtk0.
> I didn't want to bloat the archive unnecessarily and add a separate -dbg
> package for each binary package.
> Now, adding a Depends on all those 4 binary packages in tracker-dbg
> seems wrong to me. I don't want to force people to install
> tracker-search-tool if they only want to debug tracker.
>
> I guess this is a quite common problem.
>
> So, what's the proper solution to that? Cluttering the archive with a
> load of -dbg packages or leave it as is?

How about using alternative dependencies:

Package: tracker-dbg
Depends: tracker (= ${binary:Version}) |
 tracker-search-tool (= ${binary:Version}) |
 libtrackerclient0 (= ${binary:Version}) |
 libtracker-gtk0 (= ${binary:Version})

Frank S. Thomas <fst@debian.org>           PGP public key ID: 0xDC426429
Debian Developer                            finger fst/key@db.debian.org