Re: handling MIA co-maitainers?

Ana Guerrero wrote:
Hi folks,

what is the best way to handle people who are clearly MIA, but they still
appear like co-maintaining packages? I'm sure we even have cases of packages
apparently co-maintained but with 2 MIA maintainers..

For example:
http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=carlos@pemas.net

I was about to mail this guy to report him MIA, I NMUed his 2 no co-maintained
packages to fix a trivial bug a couple of weeks ago, but even if we orphan
those 2 packages he'll still appear in the package he is supposed to be
co-maintaining.

So to get him removed from the uploaders file of those packages, what is the
way to go? I only can think in filing a wishlist bug against the package, but
maybe there is a better way to handle this.

We normally handle it by asking the maintainer/co-maintainer to remove the MIA person.

Another example seems to be:

http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=philippedeswert@scarlet.be

codehelp seems to be carring alone all the work in the gpe packages.

Philippe is sometimes helping, though codehelp is the DD who uploads the stuff.

Cheers

Luk