Re: Handling of poorly maintained and useless packages

On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 11:35:36AM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
> Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

>> - Maintainer's MIA status

> This is also outside the scope of the proposal IMHO as MIA maintainers and
> their packages are already covered by the MIA team.

On the other hand if a package has a maintainer who is not MIA but still
shows up under these criteria then that is a bad sign.  It could be that
the maintainer is just busy but it could also indicate that the package
isn't sufficiently useful for the maintainer to be able to motivate
themselves to work on it.