Asking for help maintaining several gtk/gnome C++ bindings

Hi Debian QA Team:

I'm a Debian user with great interest in C++ related things. I've noticed currently many of the gtk/gnome C++ bindings are out-of-date for some time (according to bindings section in http://www.0d.be/debian/debian-gnome-2.20-status.html ), and I'm willing to help maintaining. For the first step, I'm planning packaging new versions of glibmm2.4, gtkmm2.4 and libxml++2.6 (maybe more in the future if I'm eligible). I've contact their maintainers several times, but no reply yet. Maybe they are really busy at the moment, or MIA. I've already done some quiry in IRC channels of #debian-{devel,mentors,qa}@OFTC and #gnome-debian@GIMPNet, and after some discussion with several people, I'm posting here for a formal application. So I'm quirying for the possibility of help co-maintaining these packages. I'm CCing the maintainers, and Debian GNOME Team as well, who might be of interest to sponsor my uploads.

As for myself, I'm not a DD, and haven't packaged anything in Debian yet. I've finished reading New-Maintainer's Guide, and am reading Debian Developer Reference and Debian Policy. I've gained some basic knowledge of debhelper commands, and keep learning as well. I've tried packaging some home-made packages which seem working.

I wish someone could shed some light on this situation. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Sincerely,
manphiz