Re: About querying bugs via LDAP

On Thu, 2007-08-30 at 17:47 +0200, Dario Minnucci (midget) wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anybody here can answer a few questions about querying bugs using LDAP?
>
> Addition of a new field:
> - ------------------------
> Is it possible to have a field a new field that provides the last modification
> timestam. For instance: 'debbugsLastModified: 1188487383' or something similar?
>
> So will be able to get latest changes using:
> ldapsearch -p 10101 -h bts2ldap.debian.net -x -b
> dc=current,dc=bugs,dc=debian,dc=org "(&(debbugsLastModified>=1188487383))"

I think it's impossible. Long time ago, like two years ago, I hacked the
bts2ldap for exactly that, but that wasn't important or relevant for its
upstream author, since I never got any feedback or comments or even
rejection about it.

However, Don has done a good work with the SOAP interface for debbugs,
which you can use nicely:
 http://wiki.debian.org/DebbugsSoapInterface

> Syncronization times:
> How often the records available via LDAP, are update?
> If I submit an action over a bug (e.g.: bts reassign # wnpp or bts retitle #
> "NewTitle"), how long it takes to be reflected in the available LDAP record?

Using the SOAP interface, that's immediately, AFAICT.

--
David Moreno Garza <damog@espiral.org.mx> | http://www.damog.net/
 "Oye, ¿y vas a venir con tu vieja?". "No, voy a ver qué pedo".