Re: Re: dehs live code

Hi Gustavo,

> What about the false positives like gdm and gnome-screensaver?

That page list debian package not in sync with upstream. So if a debian
package has not a well done watch file probably we could have a debian
version more new that the upstream one. I suggest to send a bug with a
patch to correct the watch file. For example GDM is on sync on
experimental but not on unstable (because unstable and experimental
packages could have different watch file for example to follow different
development and stable upstream releases).

> Btw, I would like to suggest point out (or ommit) the packages where
> version naming scheme don't match, like in a52dec. It's the easier
> scenario: If the upstream part of the version (upstream or debian)
> contains "[a-Z]" and the other doesn't, the version naming scheme
> can't be compared in a sane way, eg: "snapshot" against "1.0" (-X
> intentionally ommitted). Thoughts?

I think that the compare function could be improved more because, as u
can see, actually is very simple (from dehs svn repo):

function is_updated ($up_vers,$debian_vers) {
	if ($up_vers=='') return 0;
		passthru("dpkg --compare-versions '$up_vers' eq '" .
vers_conv($debian_vers) . "'",$great);
	if ($great!=0) return 1;
	else return 0;
}