Re: progsreiserfs - time to remove it from debian ?

On Wednesday 14 March 2007, José Luis Tallón wrote:
> > It does not look like there have been much work on this issue. I wonder
> > if it is about time to ask for removal of that package from debian.
>
> Yes, indeed... inmediately after Etch is released.

You don't have to wait for etch being released for doing that.

> > I think it is time to remove it before more people get their data eaten.
>
> It can't do no harm as it is now, since *nothing* actually uses it.

Well.. it can. People like me can accidentally install it and maybe use it by
accident. (well - I haven't yet, but ...)  It would of course be my own
fault, running unstable and everything, but it is quite easy to avoid.

> > If you come with a small ack: "Please remove", I can take care of making
> > the ftp masters aware of this.
>
> What would be the difference w.r.t my requesting that myself?

Nothing. It would be much easier for you if you did it your self. It was
mostly to be friendly and offer to 'do the hard work', now that I am the one
asking for it.

> Have I somehow been banned from doing anything in Debian by myself
> without knowing?

Not as far as I know, no ?

/Sune
--
Man, how can I open the serial PCI floppy disk over a code of the 7-inch ADSL
pin from Outlook Express 8.2?

You neither must turn on a attachment, nor have to save on the software on the
desktop on a BIOS, so that then from Windows you should log on a program for
digiting on a parallel display.