Re: [idea] DDPO by mail

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 11:10:19PM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

> Of course, but if those mails:
> - stay useful

This is a tricky one: as soon as you make nag mails regular and
autogenerated you decrease the usefulness.  I'm also a bit wary of the
tendency the QA web stuff seems to have towards feature creep applying
here.

> - provide an unsubscription mechanism

This is essential.

> I think the win outweights the loss, don't you ?

Like I say, I'm really not a big fan.

My feeling is that individually done nag mails from humans would be more
effective than machine generated ones: mails from a person are a bit
more likely to get a response due to the human interaction factor and
the ability a person would have to make decisions about what to send.