Re: [idea] DDPO by mail

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 04:09:57PM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The goal of this mail is to describe a possible new tool in Debian: DDPO by
> mail, and to start discussing its details and implementation.
>
> == Rationale ==
>
> Many maintainers only maintain a few packages, which are in a very good state
> most of the time. But often, such maintainers aren't fully aware of what is
> happening with their packages. Of course, we could ask maintainers to use their
> DDPO page as "start page", but that's not really realistic. :)
>
> == Idea ==
>
> The idea of "DDPO by mail" is to push *useful* information to maintainers
> by sending them emails on a regular basis (e.g every two weeks).
I suggested a clientside implementation with comparable intent in
devscripts #356689.  Present implementation seems somewhat less
developer-oriented than yours.  I didn't want to list all bugs in ones'
packages, since for some people this is way to many and just reduces the
usefulness of other data.  Perhaps it is reasonable though if it is
included as the last list and configurable.

Justin