Re: PTS subscriptions unclear

Hello,

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> Let's take package feed2imap, for which I'm the maintainer. I think I
> receive a mail when the testing status changes (new version gets into
> testing).
>
> But why I am receiving it ? I'm not subscribed to feed2imap in the PTS.

That's because that mail is sent by someone who mails
feed2imap _AT_ packages.debian.org AND feed2imap _AT_ packages.qa.debian.org

The former goes to the maintainer, the latter to the PTS.

Not yet, although there have been plans to merge @packages.d.o and
@packages.qa.d.o, see some notes on http://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org/pts

> Now, I'd like to subscribe to other kinds of info (upload-binary and
> derivatives, for example).
>
> If I subscribe to feed2imap, I'll receive duplicate mails for bts,
> bts-control, upload-source, katie-other, summary.
>
> So I would have to subscribe to feed2imap, and use "keyword" to remove
> those keywords ? But that sucks, since I would have to do the same for
> all packages I maintain.

Indeed. You can use the advanced subscription feature on each PTS web page to
help you a bit but it just spares you to know the right command.

> Either I'm missing something obvious, or we should work on making PTS
> subscriptions more maintainer-friendly. :)

Ack. Patches are welcome as usual.

Raphaël Hertzog