Re: [RFH] rebuilding the archive with cowbuilder

On 16/02/07 at 20:31 +0100, Bastian Venthur wrote:
> 1. My package list contains all packages from
> ftp.debian.org/../Sources.gz, this means I'm also building packages
> which are not targeted for the arch this script is running. What is the
> quickest way to get just the relevant packages for this arch?

You have to parse the Sources file to exclude packages that are not for
your architecture. You must also exclude packages according to
"Packages-arch-specific"[0]. I have scripts doing exactly that in the
collab-qa svn repository[1], in debcluster/scripts/rebuild-archive/
(respectively grep-sources-arch.rb and pasfilter.rb). See
debcluster/Notes for example usage.
[0] http://cvs.debian.org/srcdep/Packages-arch-specific?cvsroot=dak&rev=HEAD
[1] http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/collab-qa/?rev=0&sc=0

If you want to do some code cleanup/rewrite, just let me know :-)

> 2. I've noticed that cowbuilder runs the clean-target of debian/rules
> before it enters the clean environment. This means that sometimes the
> build already fails before pbuilder enters the clean environment since
> clean already fails (E.g. when cdbs is not installed on the host
> system). Is this a bug or a feature of cowbuilder/pbuilder? Is there a
> workaround?

Build-dependancies must be installed before running the clean target.
This thread seem to be related:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pbuilder-maint/2006-November/001414.html