Re: Rebuilding all etch packages inside etch

On 12/10/06 at 16:17 +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> [2006-10-12 17:08]:
> > here's the list sorted by Maintainer:
>
> I don't think this is useful because it includes architecture specific
> packages.  It's no wonder that e.g. linux-kernel-di-mips fails to
> build on amd64 or i386... you really need to exclude those.  It's
> trivial to parse the sources file (which has an Architecture: header).

Yup, as I said, there are lots of false positives, for various reasons,
amongst them:
- packages which are not supposed to build on i386 were tried.
- no non-free entries in sources.list, so packages which build-dep on
  non-free packages don't build.
- discovered too late that I had to call pbuilder using "linux32" so
  that uname returns i686, not amd64.
- bug with dependancy resolution in pbuilder that causes it to use the
  host arch instead of the pbuilder arch when satisfying depends, so
  "svgalibg1-dev [i386]" doesn't get installed for example. (I still
  have to file that bug)

So, really, don't spend too much time going through the list. There are
probably only 10% or 20% of real ftbfs. I just sent my mail as a "I'm
working on it" notice.

Lucas