Re: dvipng: Version 1.8 package (NMU / New Maintainer)

Hello,

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006, James Westby wrote:
> On (16/09/06 15:40), Kapil Hari Paranjape wrote:
> Hi, package looks good. I just have a couple of points.
>
>   * Why 1.8-0.3? Why not -0.1?

I already uploaded 1.8-0.[12] earlier to various public places for
people to check earlier so I wanted to preserve the order. I should
probably have chosen 1.8-0.0pre[123] instead but its too late!

>   * The debian/copyright file is lacking. There is no copyright
>     information, what is referred to as Copyright is in fact a License,
>     and not a copy of a license header from the package.

I didn't follow. The debian/copyright file contains the copyright
information which for this program is given the statement of the
author that the program is available under the GPL. I must be missing
something here ...

>   * debian/dirs is redundant here.

Thanks for pointing this out.

> I cannot sponsor the package for you though.

That's fine comments are always welcome.

Regards,

Kapil.