Compiler transitions status report

Revised and updated version of a message I sent a while back.
This is the status of the compiler transitions.

There is nothing built with g++-2.95 (except the unavoidable flashplugin-nonfree).

****
The following library packages still needs renaming for the C++ ABI change
(see http://people.debian.org/~djpig/gcc-transition/, among others):
Not in testing.

postgis -- uninstallable, maintainer appears to be MIA
tyvis -- no idea why I didn't spot this before.  The package hasn't
         been updated since 2004-07 and is uninstallable; should I
         request removal from unstable?

***
The following library packages need renaming for the
C++ allocator change.  None are in testing.

aqsis -- DANGER! DANGER! There was an NMU without changing the library name!
ivtools -- incidentally the only library which
           hadn't made the c2 transition on all release architectures
           Maintainer has offered this up for adoption
openvrml
plptools -- library needs to be split off
sim -- orphaned, currently uninstallable
sqlxx -- currently uninstallable

***
The following packages are still linked against libstdc++5 in unstable, and so
presumably most of them deserve a simple rebuild; there are only 57, so it's
probably worth just doing it (listed by source package, mostly):

  elmo
  epcr
  gambit
  guikachu
  iperf
  jabber-jit
  jags
  juice
  katoob
  kimwitu++
  launchtool
  le
  libadolc1-examples
   -- this indicates a bug in the adolc control files, actually
  linpac
  logtools
  maildir-bulletin
  mailfilter
  manedit
  members
  metacam
  mp3check
  muscle
  mxv -- must wait for ivtools to transition
  netpanzer
  nqc
  ogmtools
  openload
  openmash -- FTBFS which is its fault
  pathogen
  picp
  playmp3list
  postal
  pwsafe
  qe
  qmc
  re
  shaperd
  sillypoker
  sip-tester
  sppc
  srecord
  starfighter
  swath
  tardy
  tcpreen
  tcptrack
  tigr-glimmer
  tkmixer
  vfu
  visualboyadvance -- orphaned
  vncsnapshot
  vrweb -- i386 only was built with g++-3.3
  webcpp
  wordnet
  xgsmlib -- FTBFS
  xmule -- uninstallable, unbuildable, and "always crash at startup" since 1 year;
           should I request removal from unstable?
  xstow

In addition, I found the following packages linked against libstdc++5 in testing,
which probably means something is keeping the new versions out of testing
(probably an RC bug in most cases):

  aranym
  chromium
  csmash