Re: Oldest RC bugs affecting etch

Hi!

Steve Langasek [2006-01-05 12:06 -0800]:
> On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 10:08:35AM +0100, Martin Pitt wrote:
>
> > Nathanael Nerode [2006-01-05  3:29 -0500]:
> > > 281893 -- patched uninstallable bug in libroken16-kerberos4kth
> > >   Orphan package and make QA upload?
>
> > Just my 2 cents: Is there any reason why we should keep krb4 in the
> > first place? It's horribly old, out of date, and broken security-wise
> > years ago. There was not much reason to use krb4 in Sarge or even
> > woody, and much less to use it nowadays. IMHO it should just die and
> > be removed from the archive eventually.
>
> The heimdal package in unstable already conflicts with krb4, which is a
> source of fresh RC bugs on it.  The only remaining issue is for cyrus-sasl2
> to rebuild without krb4, then it can be dropped, IIRC.

Nice to hear. In Ubuntu I rebuilt cyrus-sasl2 against heimdal 0.7.1
ages ago without any problems, so it seems that it can die and rest in
peace soon. :)

Martin

--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?