Most popular orphaned packages

>From my periodic sweep, I find that these orphaned packages have
over 1000 reported popcon installs.  I may have missed some.

dvipng (1211) -- ITAed.
gnome-gv -- removal request filed
gnome-libs (5259) -- GNOME 1
gnome-print (1974) -- GNOME 1
grdesktop (5488)
imlib (8984) -- sort of GNOME 1, but not really
libconfhelper-perl (1523) -- perl list contacted, orphaned since *2004*
libghttp (1785) -- obsolete GNOME package, contacted rdepends maintainers
libglade (3043)-- GNOME 1
libintl-gettext-ruby (1655) -- contacted rdepends maintainer, ruby list
metamail (1835)
netcdf (1232) -- ITA
oaf (2517) -- GNOME 1
perlftlib (4287) -- Perl team interested?
plplot (1149)
timezoneconf -- being removed
unifont (1160)
wv (1751) -- ITA
xawtv (1730)
xfonts-artwiz (1187) --ITA

There are currently 353 orphaned packages in 'main'.  Processing of removal
bugs by the ftpmasters should knock off at least 50, maybe even 100 of those.
But it's still too many to really keep track of.  I'm hoping we can push it
down to 100-200 and try to maintain it at approximately that level, removing
or adopting packages as fast as they're orphaned.

I figure trying to get adopters for these top most popular orphaned
packages is a good start.  If some of these should be removed
instead, do say so.